Carinn Jade is a lawyer, yoga teacher, freelance writer, and mom-on-demand. Often funny, sorta crunchy, never idle mom to a 4-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl. No topic is off-limits for an honest and respectful conversation. Blogging about it all here.
Want to know more?
I was a Poly Sci and Communications double major at Boston College.
I was a real estate finance lawyer in New York City and Los Angeles.
I was a yoga teacher at a prestigious yoga studio.
I was a small business
I was Vice President at a high yield debt fund.
I traded in six figures for sticky fingers, dirty diapers and lots of crying. Clearly I prefer to get paid nothing for doing everything. That’s when the writing began – as a way to maintain my sanity.
- the post Games We Play was Freshly Pressed. This is an honor granted to nineteen posts out of the one MILLION+ published per day.
- a feature on Mommyish - Winning, Penises & Girlfriends – What My Son Is Picking Up From Preschool (Not Charlie Sheen) inspired an entire segment on Huffington Post Live. I was honored to participate in the intelligent, respectful, spirited debate of my piece.
- a gut-wrenching, honest essay “I Want More Children; He Doesn’t” was published in the New York Times Motherlode.
- a half-funny, half-totally serious post syndicated at iVillage: having a new motherhood identity crisis.
- four of my hilarious* essays were included in Holly Daze: Underachiever Extraordinaire and No Laughing Allowed, two blogging compilations by Life Well Blogged.
*their word, not mine (and, who I am to argue?)
- having your mother as your best friend is an amazing and complicated gift. I wrote about it in a wonderful anthology about female friendships.
**All of these books are for sale on Amazon in paperback and Kindle. I get no proceeds from the sale of these books if that sort of stuff concerns you.
Other creative writing:
I love a good birth story. If you do too, here are mine.
Some of my fundamental
jokes thoughts on being a mother: